Wow! The last 28 days have flown by! I have learned so much and if nothing else, learned I have a lot to learn. That is life, though, isn't it?
- I was excited to learn this week about all the health benefits that can come from properly raised meat--including red meat, pork and lard. I have started a preliminary look into where I can obtain these.
- I found out that my turkey broth from Thanksgiving that gelled meant I did something right (not sure what) instead of wrong as I had originally feared. Yay!!
- I read about the vast benefits to eating organ meat but am not quite ready to cross that bridge. *grin*
- Did a little reading about fish and seafood--sustainable vs fishing that destroys, wild caught fish vs farm raised, issues raised by pollution, etc. There's a lot more reading and learning I need to do in this area.
- I've done some thinking and planning about growing our food. We're thinking about doing a "community" garden at Amanda's this summer. Then we don't have to worry about how to keep our dogs out and can share the work.
- I feel like I have some direction now in making changes to how we eat and live.