Monday, November 01, 2010

Our Pumpkins

Our pumpkins
Whew! What a weekend! Did you have one like mine? Ralph was kept busy at home making preparations for Halloween while I worked. Let me tell you work was appropriately Halloween-y!

I had a death (hospice patient) and had to call a RRT (rapid response team) on another patient in one day. I had an alcoholic TB (tuberculosis) patient, patients with anxiety disorders needing copious amounts of narcotic pain medications RIGHT NOW, transfers in, discharges out, problems getting equipment, problems with staff and the list goes on. The Lord did provide me with awesome charge nurses and a fair amount of good staff to make it all bearable and I didn't have to stay late on any of the days.

So now I am sitting here, drinking coffee, thinking of you all, listening to Zita's "ba-ba-ba's" while Nugget naps pretending to be productive by playing with pictures. Ralph is out running errands. It's an appropriately rainy day here in the NW. Yesterday was a perfect day for Halloween, clear and (most importantly) NOT raining.

We "stole" an idea from our good friend, Lisa, for our Halloween "treats." Ralph brought out the grill, set up a table and handed out grilled hot dogs and hot apple cider along with candy. A couple guys from Pathways joined to help out as I had to work. We thought it would be a great way to try and get to know the neighborhood a bit. We didn't have as many trick-or-treaters as we had back in Linden Heights but there were some. People all seemed to think the hot dogs were nice but didn't really take any. The hot apple cider went like hot cakes! We needed a freezer before but now we really need one for all of our left over hot dogs and buns! Ralph and the girls had a great time though.


Our Help







2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:32 AM

    precious! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls look so cute! And I can't believe no one wanted hot dogs! I would've eaten two!

    ReplyDelete