Monday, January 18, 2010

Crafting

I'm not sure why I wait until things are financially tight to start crafting! I love to create things but often just don't take the time. This Christmas I made the time due to tightened purse strings. I was enormously pleased with my efforts.

I made this scarf for Amanda. I neglected to take pics prior to giving it to her so you'll have to forgive me. I was very pleased with the results. I had learned to crochet many years ago from my grandmother, picked it up in college and not touched it again until now. The benefit is, I'm a pack rat and saved all my yarn and crochet hooks from the time I picked it up in college. It was all waiting for me in the attic when I got the bug again. (It's times like these that prevent me from ever purging as I did in fact need and use it far in the future from when I originally purchased it!)

Then I used this pattern to make a ball for Nugget's Christmas stocking. It went very fast and was fun to make. It didn't turn out perfect but not bad for a first attempt at crocheting a toy!



I think I have the crafting bug now. I have several projects I'm giving myself a year to work on--Christmas presents for the kids for next year. I also want to make some sort of rag doll for Arwen before Bonzo comes. A dear friend of the family made me a Raggedy Ann that I still have to this day when my sister was born. The Raggedy Ann was my baby like she was Mom's. I need to go through all of my random things I've been saving for a rainy day and see what I can come up with!

How about you? What kind of "bug" has caught you lately? Been crafting? Cooking? Baking? Reading? I'd love to hear what you've been up to!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:41 PM

    I'm knitting a baby afgan to try to get ahead. Can you believe I'm all caught up! This one is a little harder so thought it was a good time to do when I don't have to hurry.

    ReplyDelete