Monday, October 13, 2008

Look What I Did!

I made homemade yogurt--and it was easy!! I was reading The Grocery Cart Challenge, a blog by a woman who chronicles feeding her family of six for roughly $50/week, and found a recipe for homemade yogurt. It looked quite easy. We go through quite a bit of yogurt for two people since I have yogurt smoothies for breakfast most mornings. I thought it looked like a great way to save a little money without a huge time investment. Here is the link for homemade yogurt. We figured we will save at least $200/year, if not more. We also recently canceled our satellite TV until we figure out how much money Nugget is going to cost us. We don't have an antenna for our TV at this moment, which has freed me up to do things like learn how to make homemade yogurt. Pretty cool what a little less TV time will bring. ;-D

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try the yogurt. Sounds good. The TV thing is quite amazing isn't it. We unintentionally got "rid" of ours when moving here 5 years ago and it really does free up some time. However, I have found the internet can quickly suck that time up if not carful, I'll have to work on that:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like not having a TV. We had one for a while but never watched it, so we got rid of it.

    ReplyDelete