Ralph and I were craving a fun fall treat last night. We landed on apple cake! Yum! At first we wanted to make Mom's Apple Cake but it would have used most if not all of my apples. Then we found one on RecipeZaar. It is so yummy we had to have 2 pieces each last night!
Apple Bundt Cake
Recipe #51757 | 1¼ hours | 20 min prep |
SERVES 12 (change servings and units)
* 2 cups apples, peeled,cored and diced
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* powdered sugar, for decoration
* all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix apples, cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
3. Mix all the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
4. Grease bundt pan.
5. Add 1/3 of batter mixture to the pan.
6. Sprinkle half of the apple mixture over the batter then follow with 1/3
batter, and then add rest of apples and top with rest of batter.
7. Bake for 55- 60 minutes.
I baked ours in a Pampered Chef Bundt pan so it took closer to 70 minutes. It was well worth the wait!