Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Good Day Off

Today was my one day/night off. I was not expecting a lot really. I had plans to bring a meal to a friend who just had a baby, coffee with a girlfriend and I was going to try and fit in a haircut and color at the local beauty school. It actually sounded a little stressful to me as half of this would have to happen in the middle of my "night"--what the rest of the world sees as the daytime! So, for once, I decided not to try and play superwoman. I said "no" when my girlfriends called to see if I was coming with them to the beauty school. I slept about 6 hours. Thanks, Dad, for the phone call. I thought I had reset my alarm but instead reset the clock. If you had not called, I would have overslept. I got up and made Pizza Popover and Sweet n Spiced Acorn Squash to take to our friends Jamie and Amy. We stayed to have dinner with them and had a great time just visiting over the meal with them. Their new baby is a doll baby. He is such a sweetie. Amy lets me hold him as much as I want. :-)
Then I met my friend Tamara for coffee at (where else?) Caribou. Tamara is one of those friends I don't connect with often enough--seriously it may have been 2 years since we talked last. Whenever we do get together we end up having these marathon conversations! We met at 8:30 p.m., Caribou closed at 10 p.m. and we didn't leave until midnight. That was a perfectly fine time for me but Tamara has to work this morning! I realized tonight I don't make enough time for girl time. My husband often encourages me to, but I just don't take the time. I really need to as we don't have kids at this point in our lives so that makes it much easier now. I need to make the most of the time that I have. That's a new goal for me. We'll see how that goes.
When I came home, I was able to spend time in the Word and praying. I took a nap. I have just relaxed tonight. It's been good. I'm glad I decided to leave superwoman to someone else today. My hair still isn't done (after months of complaining but not making the time to go to the salon), my house isn't spotless, there's laundary and dishes to be done but I've made time for friends and the LORD. I think I got all the important things I needed to done today. I can head back to work tonight and tomorrow night feeling recharged and refreshed. That makes me feel good.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go ! You did get the important stuff in. It sure us nice to have days like that isn't it?

    ReplyDelete