Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Family Day

Some days are just great even when they're not fantastic, you know? The morning went as Sunday mornings often go. With Mama turning into the bear version of Elinor from Brave for no real good reason. However, in my insanity, I was able to throw a pork loin roast in the crock pot with some fall root veggies AND I double checked it before leaving the house. Making sure no little helpers turned it off.

We came home to a lovely dinner. All I had to do was throw together a quick salad. The girls helped me set the table with our china. We were able to sit down to a lovely Sunday feast within minutes. I love that!!! We followed it up with a delicious Apple Cinnamon Walnut Cake that Ralph made last night.

Now we're relaxing, watching Brave with the girls and drinking coffee. It's a good day. I'm pretending the dishes don't exist and I'm just enjoying this moment.


2 comments:

  1. You sounded like you had a nice Sunday with a wonderful meal...wish we were there with you. Give the girls hugs from Great Grandpa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful day to be sure!!

    ReplyDelete