Tuesday, February 21, 2012

But God . . .

Ever read something and you think it is a message for someone else? I am always on the lookout for encouraging words to pass on to our LifeGroup, friends I know are going through a hard time, etc.  Then you realize, "Wow! I needed to hear that." Today I had one of those moments. I was reading Lysa TerKeurst's lasted blog entry, But God Verses. As I was reading, I was thinking who would feel encouraged by this? When it hit me, I would be encouraged by these verses!


The two that really spoke to me today are:


Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.



Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.



I wake up quite a few mornings and wonder how it will all get done? I have so much on my plate some days, some of it is just physically daunting and others mentally. Some is self-imposed and some is just life responsibilities. It is a relief to hear that those things that are God ordained life responsibilities, He will make possible. 


For those things that are mentally taxing, those areas I feel I consistently fail in lately, it is such a sweet blessing to be reminded He died for me when I was still a sinner. He knew exactly what I was and chose to die for me anyway. Anything that I am now that is better than that is because He died for me. He can help me through these current failings. 


Check out the article. Let me know which verses speak to your heart. I'd love to rejoice with how the Lord speaks to you. 

1 comment:

  1. Great article! My "But" tends to get in the way sometimes...ok, a lot of times. It's so good to remember that He enables us.

    The verse that really stuck out to me was:

    Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.

    It's so easy for me to blame losing my temper on the kids behavior when really it's just sin rearing it's ugly head, but I do not have to be controlled by it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete