Friday, January 22, 2010

What Do You Do When . . .

. . .God shows up in your life, in the middle of your mess, and proves Himself Faithful and True? When He does more than You could ask or think? When He proves that He really does know that you need food and clothes and provides delicious healthy food and truly does dress your family as beautiful as the lilies of the field? When He shows you that delighting in Him will not only bring you the "big" desires of your heart but the "little" and "unnecessary" ones to?

Well, I don't know about you, but I cry. I have shed so many tears lately. Today's tears were happy. We are in a tough season. But you know what? God is good--all the time. He hasn't fixed all my problems but He is HERE, right now with me. He has given me reason to cry tears of joy in my pain and confusion. He has made me, like the psalmist, cry out to Him and yet still my heart praises Him. And wouldn't you know in the midst of this provision, down to some of the secret longings of my heart, He shows up during the time I set apart to meet with Him to remind "I AM?" I serve a big God Who is delighting in showing me how big He really is right now and that the "Bigness" notices my "smallness." Praise the LORD, o my soul, praise the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:51 PM

    Stacie I read your blog and don't know what all your tear's are for but want you to know we are praying for you and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete