Hot Fudge Cake
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cups water, hot
- whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350'F.
- In medium bowl stir together 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 3 Tbls. cocoa, baking powder and salt. Blend in milk, butter and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- In separate bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top; do not stir.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top.
- Garnish with whipped topping
Baked Tilapia w/Fondue Sauce and Crab
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3/8 cup fat free sharp cheddar cheese or reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 1/2 ounces canned crabmeat, drained
- 1/8 cup sherry wine
- Preheat oven to 400.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan. Stir in the flour and nutmeg until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the milk. Cook until smooth and thickens a little.
- Add the cheese, and stir until melted. Add in the sherry and crab meat, mixing well to coat the crab.
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper. Place the tilapia in an 8x8 pan.
- Pour the fondue-crab sauce over the tilapia.
- Sprinkle with the paprika.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.