Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thankfulness and Joy

I know this time of year everyone is focusing on thankfulness with Thanksgiving being just around the corner (or just passed if you live in Canada). I read something my sister wrote a few weeks back. I couldn't even tell you if she blogged it or mentioned something on Facebook. She casually mentioned singing the kid's song based on Psalm 118:24 when she has to wake the boys up early for something. It got me thinking about the days I get up early for work and I'm grumbly because it's 4:30 in the morning, I hurt, it's hard to move, etc. I started quoting this verse as soon as my alarm clock goes off (or when I remember). It's made a huge difference in how I start my day as far as my attitude goes. I am able to pray over my shift and coworkers and even my husband's day. I've noticed a difference in my patience and compassion level at work. How do you maintain your focus on Christ? What works for you?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Stacie...enjoyed what you had to say. I find when I go to work at the park early in the morning no one around and a good time to pray while working. Then when I get home I do my devotions.
    We are anxiously waiting for that little one.

    ReplyDelete