Every year, Cedarville has "Home for Dinner." Alumni open their homes up to current students for dinner. It gives the different Cedarville "generations" a chance to interact and gives the current students an opportunity for a home cooked meal. We had four students come this year. They were so much fun! They came around 7 and didn't leave until midnight. We were talking and laughing and having a great time! Here they are with Ralph from left to right: Chelsea, Everett, Christine and Jeff.
- Antipasto Platter (Weight Watchers)
- Rollover Pork Loin Roast (Rachael Ray)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes (PioneerWoman) (I actually roasted the garlic, too)
- Homemade buns (family recipe)
- Classic Roasted Vegetables (Weight Watchers)
- Citrus Tomato Bisque (Colorado Bed and Breakfasts Cookbook)
- Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake (Nigella Lawson "How To Be A Domestic Goddess")
I, of course, made enough cake to send home "doggie bags" with them. It was such a great time! We have enjoyed every year but this group was extra-special (did I mention the girls were both junior nursing majors?). If any of you are Cedarville alum living in this area, we HIGHLY recommend you participate in this great opportunity!