Sunday, December 23, 2007

Winter driving conditions

We are having fun let me tell you. Icy roads. High winds. Fog. Snow. Blowing snow. Winter storm warning. Did I mention icy roads with high winds? Let's not forget that. We were hoping to make it to Eau Claire tonight but barely made it to Madison. However, we almost always stay at Hampton Inn's when we're traveling. Today is no different. We had a reservation in Eau Claire and the cut off to cancel your reservation without penalty was 6 p.m. Well, it wasn't until around 9 p.m. when we realized we weren't going to make it. I called the hotel and explained due to weather we would not be able to make it to Eau Claire tonight. The very nice young man said, "No problem, your reservation is cancelled." Then he assisted me to make a reservation at the one we're staying at now. I called this hotel and they gave me great directions. The price between the 2 hotels was about $30 more here and when Ralph checked in they said, "We're going to honor your rate from your original reservation." This is customer service. This is why we stay here (because the comfy beds, wonderful pillows, cozy duvets, clean rooms, and tasty breakfasts have nothing to do with it)! ;-p So now, I'm snuggled in bed under the cozy duvet, using their free wi-fi, watching the news, and blogging. I can't even hear the wind howling from in here. I think I might stay forever. Did I mention the icy roads with high winds? Hope you are all warm and safe tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment